<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14085554\x26blogName\x3dAP+Calculus+AB\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://apcalc.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://apcalc.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7891817501038621673', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

AP Calculus AB

An interactive log for students and parents in my AP Calculus class. This ongoing dialogue is as rich as YOU make it. Visit often and post your comments freely.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

today's last.. doesn't seem like it

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Wow. It surprises me that I lasted this long in this course. I really had no idea that I am close to finishing it. I'm telling you guys, it was pretty tough along the way... the thought of quitting had crossed my mind hundreds of times already. I felt like through the entire span of this class I was always hanging on to the ropes. But Mr. K, he stretched his arm, reached for me and pulled me through. I wouldn't be surviving this class without you.

Although, this is actually my last post on blogging on blogging, it seems to me... it's not. As that Chinese proverb says, learning will never end. In every step I take and in every move I make (sounds familiar huH? ;D ), there will always be an instance where I'll remember and apply (well, somehow) some of the lessons we took in this course: the optimization, the related rates, the volumes by slicing (ooh... I hated that!), the slope fields and all. Could I be telling my friends the best time they should drink their hot cocoa? Or would I tell my mom the right dimensions in wrapping christmas gifts? Or maybe, just maybe, I can estimate the rate of how horrifyingly fast or sadly slow the airplane flies when I spend my holiday back to the Philippines... Hmm... I might consider that one! ;)

This could be the last, but it's never going to be the last. There are a lot more things to learn in this course and I am actually looking forward to struggling through them... *smiles*



Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Nederlands/Dutch

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM CDT, Blogger Lani said…

    Hi Ara,

    What a delightful read!!! And oh so true!!! Your opening quote is so appropriate and I really appreciate your thinking on learning never ending-- it strikes me as outstanding, how clearly you see how all this has such a real world connection.

    I know that Mr. Kuropatwa must appreciate your kind words and I know you really feel he pulled you along; it's my sense too that you gave it all your effort, and you didn't give up!!!! In my book, that means kudos to you both!! I wonder do I have enough exclamation marks here??

    I really look forward to reading your next post.

    I hope it's ok if I carry your theme of never ending into a post?

    Best,
    Lani

     
  • At 8:10 PM CDT, Blogger ara said…

    Mr. K's just amazing. I never thought he'd make it this easy for me. I mean, when i came in his class and saw all those MATHY stuff... i already predicted a spare period after two months. He was very enthusiastic and did everything he can to welcome me into this whole new thing. I really owe it to him. (wink)

    Oh... about carrying the theme, i dont mind you doing that. its actually a good thing. it motivates me more. i feel like you guys really appreciate my work.

    Thank you Ms. Lani. well, i had a really, really bad experience about giving up so yeah, i already learned my lesson. I DONT WANT TO HAVE THAT AWFUL FEELING ANYMORE. you know what i mean. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home