<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14085554\x26blogName\x3dAP+Calculus+AB\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://apcalc.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://apcalc.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7891817501038621673', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

AP Calculus AB

An interactive log for students and parents in my AP Calculus class. This ongoing dialogue is as rich as YOU make it. Visit often and post your comments freely.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Why Make It Harder For Ourselves?

Well the question is why? Why are we in this class? Why do we make ourselves suffer through all the hardships, the confusions, the frustration of learning AP calc? What's in it for us? Why do we keep on climbing the mountain even though our rock is always rolling down from the mountain? Well you know why, because we are not designed to fail. We strive to move on because we know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. We know that there is some reward to all this. We believe that all our hardships will be worth it after a while. Also because we have people who are willing to help us. We have our classmates and Mr. K to assist us in our journey towards success. The truth is I don't do my homework and I really don't understand why do have to do all this extra things like the project or the scribe and/or the blog stuff. I ask myself what if we just focused on math and just do it you know, no extra stuff that might get us out of focus on what we are learning. Despite my ignorance, I realized something, those things are there to help us not to give us a hard time. It is hard because we make it hard. Like for me, I left doing my homework in the last minute that's why its hard. Ask for help and give input to Mr. K so he knows what we need. We can say that it is a blessing to have enormous amount of resources that we know is there to help us like Sarah's blog and Mr. K. The blog and scribe activity just helps us grow. It makes us responsible to do what needs to be done.

The point of my blog is this that we make it harder because its good if its hard. That is the time that we know that there is something new to learn. Hardships makes us stronger and it builds our character. One thing is for certain in our class failing is not an option. We are here to succeed!



Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Nederlands/Dutch

1 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just want you to know that I am an AP Calculus AB teacher in Birmingham, Alabama, and I was just introduced to your class' blogs yesterday during a workshop. I think that this is a really neat and enriching idea to do in a mathematics class. I am going to try to learn how to get this set up for my classes, but until someone has enough time and energy to train me, I am going to require that my students visit, learn from, and comment on your class blogs. I really respect this particular blog of yours, and I will read it first thing Monday morning to all of my classes. I hope that you all and Mr. K keep up the incredible work!!!
    Mrs. B from Alabama

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home